Monday, December 29, 2008

What a Day!!

My day today started early with a drive to Austin to give my car up for 3 days for more service. Then I went straight to work...so by the time I got there at 0945 I'd already been driving 4 hours!

The fun began when I couldn't log onto my computer. We have to use our CAC (or military ID) cards to log onto our computers. The card goes into a reader on the computer and then you have to enter a PIN to log onto the computer. I tried 3 times to put my card in the reader but the computer wouldn't pick it up. I rebooted. it wouldn't work again. I rebooted again. It still wouldn't read my card. Until I realized that I was trying to log onto my computer with...my VISA card. Amazingly enough, when I used my actual CAC card I was able to log on. :)

Then I got my LES (Leave and Earning Statement...our paycheck stub) and realized I'd gotten paid $846! I was paid more than that when I joined the Army as a Private 19 years ago! Stressed, I called the finance and accounting office it took two hours for them to realize that I had a debt of $9,000. But it was a clerical error...somebody put the wrong code blah blah blah wasn't supposed to get BAH blah blah blah need to do blah blah blah. Okay, just tell me two things:
1. How are you going to fix this?
2. How long before my money is back in my account?

Oh yeah, I also finished up the last of the paperwork to take to Ft. Dix. I think. Seems every time I open the mobilization notebook to make sure everything is done I find one more document that I need. I think it's all done now. Famous last words!

Cheers, and Happy New Year to all!

1 comment:

SGT Zoeller said...

Wow, and I thought my mistakes were bad! I feel pretty darn good right about now!

Sorry to hear about the pay problem. Clerical Errors deserve a necessary flogging!